Workplace Discrimination



Discrimination | Type of Discrimination 

Discrimination is the act of making unjustified distinctions between people based on the groups, classes, or other categories to which they belong or are perceived to belong. People may be discriminated on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, disability or sexual orientation, as well as other categories.
  • Age discrimination 
  • Disability discrimination 
  • Religious discrimination 
  • Race, color and sex discrimination 
  • National origin 
I have also faced discriminations at workplace many times. I came to Australia after pursuing my year 12. After two months, I stared working in an Indian restaurant. As having no experience in restaurant and not have great ability to understand Australian accent, I faced a lot of discrimination and bully at work from work colleagues and owner. They used to pass taunts on me saying, "Go back to your home, this country is not for you", "your parents hasn't taught you anything as they might be illiterate". I used to face these things everyday. But I had no choice without working there. I was only eighteen and had very negative impact on my mind. After some days, the owner was drunk and hold my waist. I got very scared and pushed him back. After that day I decided not to go back there again and started finding another job. After some days the owner called me and said sorry. He also requested me to join back. But I didn't go back. At that time I was not aware of any rules and regulations so I did not take any actions. 
In future, if someone will try to do any kind of discrimination or bully. I will definitely speak up for my rights. 

Reference: 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

promotional strategies by Skechers